Chicken Thighs with Onions and Wilted Spinach
- 2 (teaspoon) olive oil
- 1 (whole) red onion, halved, sliced
- 8 (medium) chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 (teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 (teaspoon) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 (cup) orange juice
- 3 (tablespoon) balsamic vinegar
- 1 (bunch) baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion slices. Cook until onions begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; transfer to skillet. Cook, turning, until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Pour orange juice and vinegar over chicken. Cover; reduce heat to simmer. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Increase heat to high; add spinach to skillet. Cook, stirring, until it just begins to wilt; about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. For each serving, place some spinach in a bowl; top with 2 chicken thighs. Top with onions.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C